Budapest Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Visiting the Hungarian capital is surely an experience, and Budapest Urban Adventures invites you to explore it in style. Budapest is a very eclectic city in terms of style, atmosphere and people, and our specially designed Budapest tours allow you to discover the city in a personal and unique way.
During the past twenty years several modern buildings have been built and some abandoned districts have started to flourish. You still find some small boutiques in the city but you can also find new shopping malls and designer boutiques of the best known brands as well.
Budapest is full of surprises. Five minutes walk away from the most elegant avenue of the city you will find yourself in an area of old and abandoned buildings. Here, in the so called 'Ruin Bars', young people meet in the evenings and dance the night away.
If you have a thirst for adventure you can visit the cave system of the Castle District, or take a dip in one of the city’s hot springs. Among the locals, Széchenyi Thermal Baths is one of the most popular. Here you can bath in ten different indoor and outdoor pools or go for a relaxing massage, all whilst admiring the breathtaking architecture.
If you get hungry after walking around all day, just go and taste some traditional "Töltött káposzta”(stuffed cabbage) or some "tökös –mákos rétes” (pumpkin –poppyseed strudel). Or on a hot summer day have a refreshing cold fruit soup in one of the great Budapest restaurants. After dinner don’t forget to take the "Sikló” (funicular) to Buda Castle and look upon the city at night.
Come and experience Budapest the Urban Adventures way! Learn about our eclectic culture, visit the city highlights, meet the locals, unravel the history, and taste the flavours, all with our friendly and professional local guides on one of our Budapest tours.
from 2 reviews
From EUR 41.00
Hit the historical side of Budapest during this walking tour on the Castle Hill. Peek into the city’s oldest confectionary shop, hear stories and tales of the area’s past, and enjoy a few surprises along the way!more...
Bites & Sights
from 13 reviews
From EUR 59.00
Hungry for a slice of Hungary? Then join this Budapest tour to be led to award-winning chocolate, authentic kosher fare, vintage drinks, sweet-as strudel, and Instagram-worthy goulash.more...
Budapest Private Tour
from 1 review
Love the look of our Budapest tours, but feel like customising them to make exactly the tour you're looking for? Do you already know the city but not the nearby settlements? Would you like to learn how our grandmothers prepared the most delicious Hungarian dishes? Whether you want to learn to cook like a local, spend the day shopping the greatest little shops, or focus on Budapest’s architecture, we’ll tailor make this Budapest tour just for you.
Put our team of local experts to work to build the perfect itinerary just for you. You can include some of the components of our regular tours, or none at all. This is your tour - so make it your own! If you're not sure, just let our team know your interests, they will come up with all kinds of ideas!more...
Happy Hour Budapest
from 1 review
From EUR 55.00
Wine makes an excellent pairing for history, don’t you think? Discover Budapest old and new through its stylish wine bars, funky pubs, and underground hangouts. Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of happy hour in the most eclectic part of Budapest, accompanied of course by the best Hungarian wines and local finger foods.more...
Merry Markets and Mulled Wine From EUR 39.00
Join us for a special Christmas experience in Budapest! Learn about Hungary’s holiday traditions and join the local crowds out shopping in Budapest’s traditional Christmas markets. Along the way, you’ll sip hot mulled wine and sample Christmas cake as you wander the wonderfully lit streets.more...
Fantastic Budapest Apartments
more... more stories...
01 Apr 2015 Agnes was a great guide and gave us all the Budapest information we needed. She was also good fun and a very nice lady.
01 Dec 2014 Perfect way to see the city. great choice of venues and our guide was absolutely excellent
22 Oct 2014 This is the second urban adventure I have done and again, I had a fantastic time. Fanne was a great guide showing me all the good food that Budapest had to offer. This is definitely not the last one for me. I did this food tour just prior to my Intrepid tour starting and I mentioned this to all the members in my group.
22 Oct 2014 This is the best way to get out to meet the people their culture and their way of living. Lots of info and suggestions on enjoying the area. Will recommend to anyone I know.
20 Oct 2014 This was definitely the best way to see Budapest. Aside from the sights, Andrea showed me the beautiful cafes in Budapest. Nothing beats seeing a city through the eyes of a local who obviously loved her city.
02 Sep 2014 Really enjoyed the food component of this tour. Alyssa had an excellent knowledge and made the tour very interesting. I particularly enjoyed the restaurant with the goulash and where they made the strudel.
12 Aug 2014 Palma was a great guide with lots of fascinating knowledge about the history, architecture and culture of Budapest. We re-visited many of the bars and restaurants and enjoyed her recommendations. We like the intimate nature of the tour helping us orientate ourselves to the city on arrival, and visiting places off the main tourist trail that locals use.
13 Jul 2014 Palma was wonderful, professional & friendly. The small group was great and she went over time without us realising as we were having such a good time
08 Jun 2014 Andrea was fantastic - she gave us so much information - she recommended some excellent restaurants and things to do - I'm so glad we did this tour on our first day. We covered so much in our 3 hours - we tasted heaps of yummy and interesting food - Andrea brought Budapest to life for us!
04 Jun 2014 Livia, was a superb guide. high energy and charming. Her choices of venues and the food gave us a unique insight into Budapest. An excellent experience.
The Budapest Urban Adventures team is passionate about their hometown – 'The Pearl of the Danube'. From its delicious food and wines, to its turbulent history and amazingly beautiful architecture, we love the city we call home. As part of the Urban Adventures network we cannot wait to bring this passion and local knowledge to you on one of our unique Budapest tours.
Feels like: 20°C
Passing clouds. Mild.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.